Best Places to See in Delhi
Delhi is not just a capital of India but it is a home to many famous tourist attractions. When you travel from an Old Delhi to New Delhi, you will see lot of disparity in lifestyle of these destinations. It will give you blend of classic Delhi that feels proud about its historic left over along with modern Delhi which is hub for several hi-tech properties. Go through following details to know about best places you can explore in Delhi:
Key Highlights of Delhi
- India Gate: Established in year 1931, India Gate symbolizes a memorial of famous Afghan War and First World War. It is located next to Rajpath where you can enjoy some breathtaking views during evening. At Amar Jawan Jyoti, you can consider paying respect to soldiers who have lost their lives in battle. Besides this, India Gate is also blessed with natural gardens where you can sit and relax at any time during the day.
- Qutub Minar: It is rated as a UNESCO heritage site and considered as one of the tallest individual towers in the world. With a height of more than 225 feet, this property demonstrates the elegance of Mughal Architecture. Moreover, it brags about some extraordinary carvings along with many historical structures. It has become popular picnic spot where visitors of all ages come with their loved ones to enjoy best time of their life.
- National Zoological Park: Get to see some of the best flora and fauna in the buzzing city of Delhi at National Zoological Park. It not only retains some of the unique species of animals but also help them to breed in natural surroundings. Several Conservation breeding programmes are also organized here on occasional basis. Here you can see Antlered Deer, Zebras, Royal Bengal Tiger, Asiantic Lion, Spider monkey, Chimpanzee, Indian rhinoceros and a lot more.
- Gandi Smirti & Raj Ghat: Earlier referred as Birla house, this place is dedicated to the Father of Nation, Mahatma Gandhi. Here you can see lot of photos, paintings, sculptures and inscriptions from old times. The entry to this place is free and you can visit it any day during the week except Monday.
- Red Fort: Located at the center of city, Red Fort is a place where Prime Minister of India unfurls the national flag on special occasions such as Independence Day. In addition to this, it is also surrounded by the river Yamuna making it a famous tourist attraction in Delhi. In year 2007, it is listed in UNESCO world heritage site and Archaeological Survey of India looks after the maintenance and preservation of this property.
- Humayun’s Tomb: It was developed in year 1570 after taking inspiration from the eminent Taj Mahal. It is surrounded by scenic gardens and that’s why it has become home for tourists from everywhere. Though you can visit this place anytime during the day from sunrise to sunset, afternoon timings will offer you ideal view.
Apart from some of the unique places mentioned above, Delhi has got plenty that separates it from other cities. You can visit Jama Masjid, Chandni Chowk, Lodi Gardens, Lotus Temple, Tughlaqabad Fort, National Musuem and several historical monuments. The city of Delhi will make sure you are totally satisfied with your journey during any season during the year.