Best Places to Visit in South Korea
South Korea is rated as an exotic travel destination that welcomes travel from all parts of the world to explore its extraordinary wonders. The choices are so limitless that you will get confused while making your final list of destinations to visit. You will come across breathtaking islands, buzzing cities, ancient villages and awesome natural vistas. Here we have listed best places to visit in South Korea that covers both famous and untouched destinations of country:
Key Highlights of South Korea
- Jeju Island: It is an absolute treat for nature lovers as they get a chance to explore beauty of South Korea from very close distance. It is spread over an area of more than 80km and considered as a most majestic destination in South Korea. Here you can come across several sand beaches covered by lava caves, volcanic craters, botanical gardens and pine forests.
- Dadohaehaesang National Park: Being rated as a biggest national park in country, this heavenly place houses more than 1700 small & large islands featuring creative rock structures. Dadohaehaesang National Park offers you a chance to explore amazing flora and fauna of South Korea. Moreover, you will get an opportunity to enjoy boating experience here while capturing some of the incredible views of island.
- Busan: Being recognized as one of largest cities of country, it is famous in entire world for organizing biggest International film festival of Asia. Some of the key highlights of Busan include Jagalchi fish market and Haedong Yonggungsa temple. Moreover, you can spot several street food stalls and restaurants where you can enjoy some local delicacies of Busan.
- Gyeongju: If you want to get acquainted with some of the rich cultural and historical attractions then Gyeongju is a place to be. The great heritage of this ancient kingdom has history of old centuries featuring several relics, ruins and historical sites. You can make your tour unforgettable by visiting some of the UNESCO heritage sites in the vicinity.
- Jinhae: Are you planning to visit South Korea during spring season then don’t miss Jinhae. During 10 days of spring season, you can enjoy cherry blossom festival during which everything is covered in bright colors. Besides, you can enjoy some of the unique cultural performances including parades that attract more than two million tourists each year.
- Pyeongchang: Being referred as a destination equal to paradise, here you can pamper yourself in the incredible scenery. With lots of slopes and seasonal snow, it is highly recognized spot for winter sports. No wonder, it is selected as a preferred destination during Winter Olympics of year 2018. Besides, this destination is considered as a real treat for mountain hikers who want to try extreme adventure in their life.
After going through the list of above mentioned places to visit in South Korea, you will definitely start packing your bags. Remember, it is always recommended to plan your tour well in advance in order to cover maximum destinations in less time. So go ahead and browse through some very useful travel tips given on our blog.