Best Places to Visit in Sweden
Sweden boasts about amazing scenery, magnificent fishing villages, conventional huts, wooden architecture and unique fortresses. Whether you are looking for hiking trails for adventure or wish to explore extraordinary museums or galleries within cities, Sweden offers you everything. If you are pondering over the key highlights that you should cover during your Sweden tour then here is an exhaustive list:
Key Highlights of Sweden
- Kosterhavet National Park: Sweden is blessed with elongated coastline that offers you amazing opportunity to enjoy its marine life. Kosterhavet National Park is one such destination that is surrounded by stunning sea and shores of island. It is a place where you can enjoy more than 6,000 unique marine life species. The coral reefs are extremely tempting here that welcomes several divers and snorkelers to experience its natural beauty.
- Vasa Musuem: Established in year 1990, Vasa Museum has been visited by over 20 million tourists till today. Here you can spot ten different types of exhibitions which are sufficient enough to keep you excited throughout a day. Moreover, the museum features Vasa battle ship which is considered as its key highlight that attracts people from different corners of the world.
- Gothenburg: If you want to visit several old parks of Sweden at one destination then Gothenburg is a place to be. Young people can enjoy several adventurous rides here that are hard to find at any other park in Scandinavia. While been here, you can also enjoy some of the most popular music as well as film festivals of Sweden.
- Stockholm: It is more than just a capital of Sweden and it is a city where Noble prizes are distributed. Stockholm is considered as a most budget destination in Sweden as it gives you an opportunity to visit more than 15 different museums without paying any charges. Some of the popular museums you can visit – Medieval Museum, Modern Art Museum and Royal Palace.
- Oresund Bridge: Take a 20 minutes ride from Malmo City center to visit very famous Oresund Bridge. It has been shown in several famous TV Drama and movie shows till today. The bridge connects Denmark to Sweden and it is perfect combination of road as well rail track. It is definitely a memorable experience to travel through this bridge when you want to commute between Denmark and Sweden.
- Gamla Stan: If you want to discover amazing things about the history of Sweden then Gama Stan is a place to be. Here you can spot several unique architectures that date back to 13th century. The town also features famous churches and museums which is also an absolute treat to watch. Don’t forget to stop by at famous shopping malls and restaurants to enjoy some unique cuisine of Sweden.
If you are planning a Europe tour then Sweden should be there in your itinerary without any doubt. This amazing nation gives perfect representation of both classic and modern culture thereby allowing tourists to see different sides of one nation.