Best Places to Visit in Croatia
Croatia features more than 1,000 islands, rocky coastline and organizes spectacular music festivals every year. It boasts about peerless architecture, breathtaking scenery and pristine nature that you can enjoy during entire year. There are several reasons that make it a dream travel destination. If you want to know best places to visit in Croatia then simply browse through following list:
- Hvar Island: It is one of the most glamorous and highly recommended islands you will come across in Croatia. It is known for its untouched landscapes, lush greenery and crystal clear waters that will mesmerize you with its real charm. Here you can explore marble streets, buzzing party spots, exciting nightlife and several reputed restaurants featuring mouth watering cuisine.
- Dubrovnik: Nestled along the coastline of Adriatic Sea, Dubrovnik is listed amongst the world heritage site since several decades. It is one of the most famous tourism destinations which means you can spot several sightseeing locations here within very close distance. Here you will get an opportunity to sit in the cable car which will offer you some of the stunning views of the city from high altitude. Besides this, adventure lovers will love to do some watersports activities such as swimming, kayaking and yacht tours.
- Pag: Though the name of this travel destination is extremely small, it has plenty to offer tourists. It is home to more than 200 beaches that attract travelers from different corners of the world. If you are wine lover then you will enjoy a tour through wine vineyards and taste samples of local wines. Furthermore, the nightlife here is extremely exciting and young crowd can enjoy up to their extreme.
- Zagreb: It is the capital of Croatia that boasts about several theatres, galleries and museums. In the vicinity, you can spot Jarun Lake which is famous for doing lakeside activities such as sailing and swimming. It is also considered as an ideal winter destination where you can spot several cafes, bars and restaurants to make your stay enjoyable. While been here, don’t forget to visit the very popular Mt. Medvednica that offers spectacular city views which you only see on postcards.
- Opatija: It has a history that dates back to several old centuries and today it is considered as one of the most visited destinations in Croatia. Throughout a year, you will find extremely pleasant weather in Opatija which means you will have an ample opportunity to experience sunny and winter season. Here you can explore several hotels, restaurants and spa that will revitalize you after a long day of sightseeing tour.
- Plitvice National Park: It is listed amongst the UNESCO protected sites featuring lavish greenery, serene lakes and white waterfalls which are an absolute treat to watch. Nature lovers would like to spend maximum time in this park as there is a lot to explore while taking a walk through its trails. Moreover, the park also features several unique bird species and wildlife which you will not find anywhere.
This amazing European country has a lot to offer for tourists of different age and abilities. When it comes to selection of best places to visit in Croatia, the choice completely depends upon your own interests and tastes. So go ahead and simply add above mentioned places in your itinerary to make your travel memorable.