Where to Stay in Costa Rica
Looking for where are the best places to stay in Costa Rica? It is a stunning destination with diverse natural beauty, from the ethereal cloud forests to the lush rainforests and splendid coastlines.
With over 100 volcanic cones and incredible biodiversity, Costa Rica offers endless opportunities for adventure and relaxation. We have compiled the best places to stay in Costa Rica, whether you are traveling solo, with family, or on a honeymoon.
We will also cover the best places to go in Costa Rica, the best time to visit, the cheapest places to stay, and what to do during your trip.
Best places to stay in Costa Rica
San Jose is Costa Rica’s capital and is among the best places to be in Costa Rica. This vibrant city has something for everyone. From its diverse culture to its bustling nightlife, San Jose offers a lot to visitors on vacation.
It’s the perfect destination for those who want to explore the beautiful attractions and culture of Costa Rica. San Jose is among the best places to go to in Costa Rica. There are various things to do in San Jose, from exploring colonial architecture to visiting the local artisan markets.
San Jose is among the best places in Costa Rica for vacation. Not only does it offer a wealth of natural beauty, but it’s also a hub for adventure activities. From surfing to hiking, there are plenty of activities to partake in. The nearby beaches of Jaco and Playa Hermosa offer some of the best places to surf in Costa Rica, while the Arenal Volcano is among the best places to visit in Costa Rica with family.
When it comes to where are the best places to stay in Costa Rica, San Jose has an abundance of accommodation options. From luxury hotels to budget hostels, there are plenty of places to choose from. They have a variety of restaurants, shops, and entertainment venues, making them ideal for a fun-filled holiday.
There are also several affordable places to stay in Costa Rica for those on a budget. These neighborhoods have many low-cost hostels and apartments close to the main attractions.
With plenty of attractions, activities, and accommodation options, many people visit San Jose.
Manuel Antonio offers various activities and attractions for visitors of all ages. It is on the Pacific side of the country, making it one of the best places to surf in Costa Rica. The area is famous for its pristine beaches, lush rainforests, and abundant wildlife.
Manuel Antonio is among the best places to stay in Costa Rica for families. Many family-friendly activities include hiking in the national park, horseback riding, ziplining, and snorkeling. The Tulemar Resort is one of the best places to stay in Costa Rica with family, offering a variety of accommodations, including villas and bungalows. The resort also features a private beach area with water sports and is among the best places to stay in Costa Rica for beach lovers.
Manuel Antonio is also an excellent choice for first-time visitors to Costa Rica. It is among the cheapest places to stay in Costa Rica, with many budget-friendly hotels and hostels available. The area is romantic and peaceful, with stunning sunsets, beautiful beaches, and many boutique hotels and luxury resorts.
Its beautiful beaches, abundant wildlife, and wide range of activities and accommodations make it the perfect destination for a memorable vacation in paradise. Whether you’re traveling with family, friends, or your significant other, there are plenty of reasons why Manuel Antonio should be at the top of your list when deciding where to stay in Costa Rica.
If you think about where to stay in Costa Rica for beach, Jaco is a famous beach town on the Costa Rica Pacific coast, making it among the best places to stay in Costa Rica on the beach. The town is known for its long sandy beaches, warm weather, and great waves. Jaco is also one of the best places to surf in Costa Rica, attracting surfers worldwide.
For families, Jaco is one of the best places to visit in Costa Rica with family. There are plenty of family-friendly activities, such as hiking in the nearby mountains, horseback riding, ziplining, and exploring the local wildlife at the Crocodile Bridge. Many resorts and hotels are available.
If you think about where to stay in Costa Rica first time, Jaco is among the best places to stay in Costa Rica. The town is easy to navigate, and plenty of tour operators offer guided tours to the nearby attractions.
If you are thinking about where to stay in Costa Rica for honeymoon, Jaco is among the best places to stay in Costa Rica for honeymooners. It has several romantic hotels and luxury resorts, and the resort features a private beach area, spa services, golf courses, and other amenities.
Jaco is also one of the best places to visit in Costa Rica for those who love adventure activities. Besides surfing, you can enjoy kayaking, fishing, ATV riding, and stand-up paddleboarding. Several great restaurants and bars in Jaco offer local cuisine and nightlife entertainment.
Jaco is among the best places in Costa Rica for a vacation. Its stunning beaches, great surf, and abundant activities and accommodations make it the perfect destination for an exciting and memorable trip to Costa Rica. Whether you’re traveling with family, friends, or your significant other, Jaco is among the best places to stay in Costa Rica.
Monteverde is a picturesque town in the Central Highlands of Costa Rica a. The town is in the cloud forest, offering visitors abundant natural beauty and wildlife.
For families, Monteverde is one of the best places to visit in Costa Rica. Many family-friendly activities are available, such as hiking in the Monteverde Cloud Forest Reserve, visiting the Butterfly Garden, going on a zipline tour, or exploring the nearby coffee farms.
Monteverde is one of the best places to stay in Costa Rica for First-time visitors. It is also among the cheapest places to stay in Costa Rica, with many budget-friendly hotels, hostels, and guesthouses available.
Monteverde is also one of the best places to stay in Costa Rica for couples and honeymooners. The town is romantic and peaceful, with stunning views of the cloud forest and mountains. Monteverde is also one of the best places in Costa Rica for those who love adventure and the outdoors.
Besides hiking, there are many other exciting things to do in Monteverde, such as Canopy Tours, Horseback Riding, and Bird watching. The town is also known for its coffee farms and offers tours to learn how the beans are grown and harvested.
Its gorgeous natural scenery, exciting outdoor activities, and comfortable accommodations make it the perfect destination for an unforgettable trip to Costa Rica.
La Fortuna is among the best place to stay in Costa Rica. La Fortuna offers some of the best places to be in Costa Rica. La Fortuna is a popular destination for families, couples, and solo travelers. La Fortuna offers a variety of activities that cater to everyone’s interests. La Fortuna has many adventures, from hiking to hot springs to ziplining.
La Fortuna is one of the best places to surf in Costa Rica. The nearby Lake Arenal offers ideal conditions for windsurfing and kitesurfing, while the Pacific coast is just a short drive away for those who want to catch some waves.
La Fortuna is among the best places to visit with Families. Kids will love exploring the Arenal Volcano National Park, where they can learn about the local flora and fauna, and families can dip in the thermal pools or go on a rainforest hike.
La Fortuna is among the best places to stay in Costa Rica for every budget. From luxury resorts to budget-friendly hostels, there are several options. La Fortuna is one of the best places to visit in Costa Rica; whether you’re looking for adventure or relaxation, this destination has everything.
Best places to visit in Costa Rica
- Manuel Antonio National Park: This national park is located on the Pacific coast and is among the most popular destinations in Costa Rica. It has some of the country’s most beautiful beaches and a variety of wildlife, including monkeys, sloths, and exotic birds.
- Arenal Volcano: This active volcano is in the northern part of the country, with hot springs and a lush rainforest surrounding it.
- Monteverde Cloud Forest Reserve: This reserve is home to various plant and animal species. You can explore the forest canopy on suspension bridges or zip lines.
- Tortuguero National Park: This park is a popular nesting site for sea turtles, allowing you to see these majestic creatures.
- Corcovado National Park: This remote park is home to one of the largest remaining areas of lowland tropical rainforest in the world and is teeming with wildlife, including jaguars, tapirs, and macaws.
- Cahuita National Park: This park is home to one of the largest coral reefs in Costa Rica and is a popular spot for snorkeling and diving.
What is best time to be in Costa Rica?
The best time for visiting Costa Rica is during the dry season, typically from December to April. It is the high season for tourism since the weather is sunny and dry and perfect for outdoor activities, including hiking, surfing, and exploring the national parks. However, remember that this is also the busiest time of year, and prices for accommodations and tours may be higher.
If you prefer to travel with fewer crowds, the “green season” is from May to November, when it rains more frequently. Although there may be some rainfall during this period, it is not constant, and there are still plenty of sunny days to enjoy. It is a great time to visit if you’re interested in seeing the lush green landscapes and waterfalls that Costa Rica is known for, as well as for those looking to avoid high-season prices.
What to do on Costa Rica?
Here are some of the top activities and attractions to consider when deciding what to do in Costa Rica:
- Explore the national parks: Costa Rica has an impressive network of national parks where you can hike through rainforests, spot exotic wildlife, and marvel at stunning waterfalls. Top parks include Manuel Antonio National Park, Corcovado National Park, and Arenal Volcano National Park.
- Go surfing: If you love surfing, then Costa Rica is your perfect destination. With its long stretches of coastline along the Pacific and Caribbean sides, this Central American country has some of the world’s best surf spots.
- Relax on the beaches: Costa Rica has some of the world’s most beautiful beaches, offering opportunities for swimming, sunbathing, and water sports.
- Take a zipline tour: Ziplining is an exhilarating way to explore Costa Rica’s lush forests and enjoy spectacular views. Many zipline tours are available throughout the country, including Monteverde and Arenal.
- Visit a coffee plantation: Costa Rica is famous for its high-quality coffee. Visiting a coffee farm is a great way to learn about the production process and sample some delicious local brews.
- Go on a wildlife tour: Costa Rica’s incredible wildlife, including monkeys, sloths, toucans, and jaguars. A guided wildlife tour is a great way to spot these animals.
- Soak in natural hot springs: Costa Rica is also known for its geothermal activity, which has resulted in natural hot springs that are perfect for relaxing and soaking in the therapeutic waters.
Costa Rica is a breathtaking country that offers various activities and experiences for travelers of all ages and interests. Whether looking for the best places to surf, vacation with your family, or the cheapest places to stay in Costa Rica, this beautiful country offers something for everyone.
With its stunning beaches, lush rainforests, and awe-inspiring mountains, Costa Rica truly is a paradise on Earth. From honeymooners to families, couples to solo adventurers, there’s something for everyone in Costa Rica.
So, pack your bags, book your tickets, and prepare for an unforgettable journey. Check our other Costa Rica travel guides to explore best places to visit in Costa Rica and top things to do in Costa Rica.