Best Gardens to Visit in the World
Gardens are one of the best offerings of Mother Nature as mere walk through a garden will offer you a memorable experience of your lifetime. It is an ideal place to stay away from the hustle-bustle of city life and spend some time in the vicinity of nature. You will mesmerize by its beauty when you are surrounded by blossoming flowers that ooze a nice fragrance. If you are planning to visit some of the incredible gardens of this earth then here we have created a whole list for you:
- Longwood Gardens: Located in US, this magnificent garden features several small gardens within its elongated territory and covers large area of greenhouses. It boasts about more than 10000 different kinds of trees and plants. Here you will spot meadow garden which is considered as a most unique attraction . Moreover, you will love a walk over the walking trails of more than 3 miles that will give you glimpse of extraordinary flora and fauna of Longwood Garden.
- Spring Gardens Keukenhof: If you ever get an opportunity to visit Netherlands then you must add this fantastic garden to your itinerary. It is also recognized as a ‘Garden in Europe’ and listed in one of the biggest flower gardens in the world. Here you can enjoy several boat and bike tours while passing through the rich landscape of garden. Moreover, you can enjoy mouth watering cuisine at cafes and restaurants located within the territory of garden.
- Gardens of Versailles, France: It is designed by Andre Le Notre, a very distinguished landscape designer who has left no stone unturned to enhance its beauty and give it world recognition. The trees you see here are brought from different corners of the country thereby making it an absolute treat to watch. Besides this, you can spot several ornamental lakes, flower beds and bird sanctuaries that has become key attraction amongst foreign tourists.
- Royal Botanic Gardens: Situated at the outskirts of London, this fabulous botanical garden boasts about a territory of more than 300 acres. Here you can discover over 50,000 unique plants species that you will hardly see anywhere in the world. While taking stroll through amazing trails of garden, you will come across several fantastic sights including Japanese Gateway, Waterlily House, Kew Palace and Treetop Walkway. Furthermore, Queen’s Charlotte Cottage is there to give you a royal experience within the garden.
- Butchart Gardens: Canada welcomes travelers to discover its diverse range of botanical gardens and Butchart Garden is one of them. It is also recognized as a historical site where you can spot more than 700 different plant varieties. It features several ponds, exotic flowering plants and theme gardens. Besides this, here you can spot several wildlife species including peacocks, parrots, butterflies and much more.
Most of the tourists prefer to add beaches, monuments, museums and adventurous parks to their journey when they visit a specific country but they avoid visiting gardens. They are definitely one of the most underrated attractions in the world which every traveler should add in his expedition.