Best Places to Visit in Austria
Austria is a tiny country in Europe but it has got lot of surprises for travelers that everyone will love to explore. It boasts about picturesque landscape, stunning architecture and incredible meadows which means you can’t question its beauty. Whether it is lavish dessert or extraordinary operas, Austria has got lot of ingredients to inspire your inner senses. If you wish to discover natural gems of Austria then here are few places that you must visit:
- Bregenz: Here you can spot spectacular views of German as well as Swiss Alps. You can take a stroll through magnificent promenade of lake or opt for a cable car to enjoy majestic vistas in the vicinity. You can also consider visiting mountain peak to enjoy stunning views while passing through hiking trails. There are several reasons that make Bregenz an ideal destination to try photography.
- Krimml Waterfalls: It is recognized as one of the tallest waterfall in country which makes it a most preferred holiday destination . The journey to Krimmal waterfalls is not easy and you need to do hiking of around 4km in order to reach at the peak of waterfall that will also make you well versed with several sightseeing spots while on the go. It will take you around 90 minutes to reach at the top tier of waterfall but once you reach there no one can stop you from enjoying some of the best moments of your life.
- Salzkammergut: It is a versatile location that provides an exemplary holiday experience in the breathtaking alpine ranges, lavish spa towns, and tempting village areas. It is listed in one of the UNESCO heritage sites that attract local as well as foreign tourists in huge number. Apart from the natural sightseeing locations, here you can discover several artificial spots that will definitely take any traveler’s breath away.
- Graz: It is one of the largest cities of Austria that boasts about several famous universities and well preserved historical locations that will fulfill cravings of every traveler. Here you can spot everything from artistic museums, grandeur galleries, buildings with creative styles and stunning baroque that creates a perfect blend to offer you an ideal holiday experience.
- Zell Am See: There are several highlights that make this lake one of the must visit destinations in Austria. Here you can spot crystal clear waters, misty mountains and ski slopes that offer you plenty of opportunity to do adventurous activities. Cycling and swimming are few of the activities that remain on top priority of travelers here. Moreover, you can spot several cafes and restaurants that can satiate your all food related cravings.
- Bad Gastein: It is most buzzing place you will come across in Austria that invites you to indulge its plethora of offerings to make your tour memorable. This place offers you opportunities to do hiking and biking to enjoy real thrill of life. Furthermore, you can spot several pubs, jazz shows, workshops and restaurants that will keep you busy throughout your journey.
Above mentioned list covers some of the most visited destinations you will come across in Austria. If you want to explore this country in deeper way then you will definitely get several opportunities to discover its hidden gems.