Best Places to See in Nasik
Nasik also pronounced as Nashik is well known for its multiple identities. It is home to several sacred temples, hi-tech malls and lavish wineries. If you visit this magnificent city, you will get a taste of serene ambiance along with classic culture which is difficult to discover anywhere. The city not only welcomes people who are seeking an ultimate thrill but it is also a haven for tourists who are searching for ultimate peace of mind in their life. Here we have highlighted best places to see in Nasik:
Key Highlights of Nasik
- Someshwar Waterfalls: It is also recognized as a Dudhsagar fall and attracts thousands of tourists every year to experience some of the scenic views of this spectacular waterfall. Here you can also enjoy boating and it becomes perfect destination to be visited during monsoon season.
- Pandavleni caves: If you want to do trekking and also wish to explore more about ancient Indian culture then don’t miss this place. Located very close to Mumbai-Agra highway, here you can immerse yourself in the lush landscapes of Nashik city. You can visit this place by paying a nominal fee of INR 20.
- Breathtaking Wineries: Taste different forms of wines and also get to know how they are made in some of the greatest wineries located in Nashik. The city is ranked in some of the greatest Wine tourism destinations as it is blessed with more than 50 different wineries that cover several acres of vineyards. Special wine festivals are also organized at Sula Vineyard in Nashik that attracts tourists from all corners of India.
- Bhandardara: Situated only 70km from main Nasik city, this hill station is recognized for its pleasing ambience and mesmerizing scenery. You can also enjoy kayaking at this place at camp site. If you are travelling in group or family then you can consider a whole night stay in some of the luxurious resorts available in the vicinity.
- Harihar Fort: If you love trekking then Harihar Fort will offer you an absolute treat. Situated at a high altitude of 3676 feet, this fort is a must visit destinations in the list of adventurous people. It lies in rectangular shaped rock and you will need lot of guts to climb vertical staircase of this thrilling destination. The fort is surrounded by several acres of Forest which means you can also stay here for night camping.
- Coin Museum: Located only 20km from Nasik city, this museum will offer you lot of exposure to dig into the Indian history. Here you will find extensive collection of numismatic material, replicas, dyes, coins, photographs, paintings and some unique artifacts. You can consider visiting this place any day during the week except Sundays and public holidays.
Apart from the key places mentioned above, Nasik has got plenty to keep you animated during visit to this lively city. You can also consider visiting Ram Kund, Anjaneri Hills, Harihar Fort, Dugarwadi Waterfall, Jain Temple, Dhamma Giri, Trimbakeshwar, Ashoka Waterfall, Shirdi and much more. Nashik feels extremely proud about its cool environment and lush green neighborhood to make your tour impressive.