Best Places to Visit in New Zealand
New Zealand vacation is a dream for some people while for others it is an ideal holiday getaway which they prefer to visit occasionally. The country is blessed with several natural jewels that look like a postcard. With its breathtaking mountains, amazing waterfalls, lush gardens, and serene beaches, it will be surely on the top of your travel bucket list. Here we have listed some of the best places to visit in New Zealand to get an unforgettable experience:
Top Tourist Attractions of New Zealand
- Muriwai Beach
- Bay of Islands
- Nelson Lakes National Park
- Whangarei Falls
- Tongariro National Park
- Mount Cook National Park
- Coromandel Peninsula
- Napier In Hawke’s Bay
- Fiordland National Park
- Milford Sound
Why you must-visit these travel destinations?
- Muriwai Beach: You can reach this incredible New Zealand holiday destination after a drive of half-hour to get into the spectacular territory of the West Coast. Muriwai beach features sand dunes, mesmerizing sunset views, and unique surfing places. If you are lucky, try to visit this beach on a stormy day to get the best out of it. Moreover, you can stop by at Gannet Colony to enjoy a view of birds flying in large groups and creating awesome patterns.
- Bay of Islands: It is an ideal place to try out sailing, fishing, scuba diving and different forms of water sports activities in New Zealand. You can reach this magnificent destination after traveling for only 3 hours from the city of Auckland. This place is created from more than 125 islands and you can go deep into the bay to explore the fabulous world of marine life. If you are traveling to New Zealand for vacation which is packed with thrill then you shouldn’t miss visiting the Bay of Islands.
- Nelson Lakes National Park: Situated on the South Island, this extraordinary park signifies the foundation of the Southern Alps. At the very center of this park, you will come across a couple of alpine lakes encircled by forested valleys. Furthermore, if you wish to try swimming, hiking, fishing, and adventurous camping then this is an ideal place to be. New Zealand Tourism is recognized for its unique offerings and you will experience it when you visit this breathtaking park.
- Marlborough: If you want to taste some local wine of New Zealand then don’t miss out on Marlborough. Here you can find lush backyard that will definitely make you homesick. Most of the tourists, visit this place to find out peace of the mind in the lap of nature. Most of the New Zealand travel guides recommend this destination to be a part of a short itinerary within the country.
- Whangarei Falls: This is not just a place where you can stand below falling water and click some pictures as memories. It is a unique destination where you can actually climb behind the falls and wait for sunrays to hit the falling water to create rainbow around you. Furthermore, you can enjoy rock climbing here which is the main reason why Whangarei is crowded with so many people all around the year.
- Tongariro National Park: This is recognized as the oldest park in the country which is located at the center of North Island. It features three giant volcanos from where you can try out snowboard and skiing in the season of winter. Moreover, it is a go-to destination for hiking enthusiasts who want to enjoy the thrill of their life. If you are planning a New Zealand tour with full adventure then you should keep this park as your priority.
- Rotorua: If you want to visit a place where earth actually speaks then come to Rotorua. It is recognized as one of the highly geothermal places in the world. Volcanic craters, hot mud pools, and hissing geysers talk everything about the unique topography of New Zealand tourism. Whether it is mountain biking, luging or sky-diving, adventure seekers also have a lot to do here.
- Mount Cook National Park: It is recognized as New Zealand’s largest glacier and tallest mountain. Here you can spot more than 40 different species of birds and 250 alpine plants. It offers a perfect base for organizing challenging activities such as hiking, hunting, ski touring and hail-skiing. There are reasons why this destination is added to diverse kinds of New Zealand trips.
- Coromandel Peninsula: If you are a nature lover then you can’t stop yourself from recommending this scintillating place to others. Tourists can enjoy sitting on golden beaches, do sky diving and kayaking here. Furthermore, you can also spot several arts studious and galleries in the vicinity which is also a treat to watch during your New Zealand visit.
- Kaikoura: If you are a wildlife enthusiast or a bird watcher then don’t ever miss this place in life. Here you can spot an extremely rare variety of birds that offer you spectacular view when they fly in patterns right above your head. Moreover, seafood lovers also have a lot of options to discover here. They can try delicious cuisine made from local ingredients which are difficult to get anywhere else.
- Napier In Hawke’s Bay: Unique art and gourmet food are couple of things that perfectly depict Napier. Here you will find several Spanish style architecture and decorated buildings. Moreover, in the vicinity, you will also come across several reputed restaurants where you can try some mouth-watering cuisine. The menu list is endless and you will get perplexed while making final choices.
- Fiordland National Park: It is home to awesome walking trails that boast about their rare beauty. This place is packed with several exciting things that make sure your adrenaline is constantly pumping with thrill. It features mountain peaks, unspoiled forest, pristine lakes, white water waterfalls, and the list is never-ending. If you are traveling in New Zealand to discover its hidden natural gems then it is worth visiting this destination.
- Christchurch: Though this place has suffered a lot of demolition in the earthquakes of the year 2010-11, it has perfectly come to life. You can see the rebirth of the entire region where several shopping malls and sky-catching buildings are renovated. While in such a beautiful city of Christchurch, you can visit botanical gardens that feature a lot of conservatories, walking tracks along with horticultural exhibits.
- Milford Sound: If you are on the edge of closing your tour to New Zealand but haven’t visited Milford Sound yet then you must try to cover it in your itinerary without fail. The ideal way to explore this destination is to hire a boat. It is an amazing feeling when you cruise through crystal clear waters while watching wildlife and waterfalls on the way. Furthermore, you can also consider visiting underwater observatory where you can enjoy views of 360 degrees into 30 feet deep underwater.
What’s next waiting for you?
If you are flying to New Zealand for the first time, there is a high chance that you will be tempted to visit it again and gain. The best places to visit in New Zealand discussed above will definitely make your tour epic. No matter what excites you, here you will find one or another reason to merry. If you are done with an exhaustive tour of New Zealand then you must explore other marvelous travel destinations in the vicinity. Go through our other travel guides to explore more countries around New Zealand.