Best Places to See in Mumbai
Mumbai is recognized as a financial capital of India and this amazing city brags about lot of extraordinary destinations that you must add in your list of “places to see in Mumbai”. Whether those are historical museums or fancy beaches, you will find everything in this amazing city quite mesmerizing. The local railway transportation makes Mumbai pretty convenient and economical city to explore during any season of the year. If you are planning to visit Mumbai in coming time then here we have listed best places to see in Mumbai:
Key Highlights of Mumbai
- Gateway of India: It is first destination that you will be bound to see during your visit to Mumbai. Tourists prefer to keep this destination as their first priority when they start exploring such a scintillating city of Mumbai. Nestled on the coast of Arabian Sea, you will find this place always crowded with visitors coming from different corners of the world. The locality around Gateway of India is also packed with lot of luxurious hotels such as The Taj and The Oberoi. These elite places are an absolute treat to watch.
- Juhu Beach: Whether you love beaches or not, this place will definitely make your voyage memorable. People come here to play in water, enjoy sunset and try some street food. Located in Ville Parle, this destination will help you to enjoy some quality time with your partner in the vicinity of nature.
- Film City: Situated in Goregaon very next to Sanjay Gandhi National Park, Film city attracts several tourists every year to experience the joy of bollywood movies. This place brags about several exciting things like fountains, gardens, fake villages, real movie sets and much more. If you are lucky then you may get a chance to watch live shooting of bollywood movie or TV serial in the Film City.
- Dharavi Slum: If you want to get a glimpse of biggest slum in India then take a walk through Dharavi Slum in Mumbai for few minutes. It definitely takes lot of courage to visit this place but once you are being here, it will teach you most important lessons of life. The slum will also give you an opportunity to visit some of the thriving businesses of city that is offering employment to massive people. There are some weird reasons that allow Dharavi Slum to get listed in best places to see in Mumbai.
- Essel World: If you want to experience a mix of adventure and fun then Essel World is calling you. It is rated as one of the most exciting amusement parks in Mumbai with lot of wet rides. This park remains open for entire year. There are several unique activities such as bowling, dancing and ice skating you can enjoy here. No matter what your age is this place will make sure you forget all the worries so you can enjoy every single moment spend here with ultimate zeal.
- Haji Ali Dargah: Situated on the island very near to Worli seashore, Haji Ali Dargah was constructed in year 1431. It signifies Indo-Islamic architecture style and every month thousands of devotees come here to visit this place. On Thursdays and Fridays, you will find this Dargah crowded with lot of visitors. You can consider visiting this great destination any time during the year except the period of high tides.
- Elephanta Caves: If you are planning to visit The Gateway of India then you must also add Elephanta Caves in your journey. It is believed that the caves features the unique sculptures that belong to 6th century. Though Maheshmurti is the key attraction at Elephanta Caves, ‘Ardhanarishvara’ and ‘Shiva Nataraja’ are also considered as important highlights here. It takes only an hour to reach this destination from The Gateway of India through Ferry that charges INR 200 for return ticket.
- Prince of Wales Museum: Renamed as Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Vastu Sangrahalaya, this museum was established in 20th century. It covers an area of over 12,000 square.meter and surrounded by lots of flower beds & palm trees. The museum features different sections including Archaeological section, Art section, Natural History section and lots of renowned galleries. All these sections boast about more than 40,000 artifacts that cover coins and sculptures.
- Sanjay Gandhi National Park: If you are planning to visit Film city of Mumbai then you should not skip Sanjay Gandhi National Park. Every year more than 2 million people visit this park to experience its extraordinary flora and fauna. The park also features Kanheri Caves which has history of 1st century. The green lush area of park will help you to find out piece of mind away from the hustle-bustle and hectic life of city.
Apart from the list of places mentioned above, Mumbai offers plenty to its visitors to make their journey memorable. These destinations mainly include Marine Drive, Bandra Worli Sea Link, Siddhivinayak Temple, Nehru Science Center, Babulnath Mandir, Mound Mary Church, Mahalakshmi Temple, Wankhede cricket stadium and much more.
Mumbai offers plenty to its visitors to make their journey memorable. No matter from what part of the world you are travelling, this city has definitely got something in its core to make you feel alive. If you haven’t visited Mumbai yet, you have missed a lot in your life. So if you ever get an opportunity to visit this memorable city, you shouldn’t miss these best places listed above.