Best Places to See in Goa
Situated in the West India, Goa brags about its extensive coast line and serene beaches. It is rated as a most visited tourist attraction in India where tourists from all the corners of world gather every year. Goa is highly crowded with lot of foreigners and local tourists in the month of December. People come here to celebrate grand occasion of Christmas along with the New Year eve. Here we have listed all the highlights of Goa to make your tour convenient:
Key Highlights of Goa
- Calangute and Baga beach: Located only 5km away from Thivim railway station, both these beaches attract tourists to enjoy water sports activities. You can enjoy paragliding, banana ride, motor ride, boating and much more at pretty affordable rates here. Both these beaches are adjacent to each other and you can easily reach at one beach from other by mere walking. Also don’t forget to taste some of the unique seafood cuisine and kokan delicacies at these beaches.
- Aguada Fort: This place is only 15km far from Panjim bus stand and referred as a best heritage site in entire Goa. It has constructed by Portuguese colonial at the beginning of 17th century. Moreover, you can also visit lighthouse and centre jail close to this fort. It is quite easy to reach at this destination through motorbikes, cabs and local buses.
- Casino Palm: If you want to try your luck in casinos of Goa then visit Casino Palm. It is located in North Goa very close to Calangute beach. Once you enter this casino you will get a feel being at a Los Vegas. You can spend some time playing roulette as well as other online games here. The casino also gives you exposure to enjoy nightlife as it features several lounges and bars.
- The Church Of Mae De Deus: Goa is also popular for several historic churches visited by people of diverse communities. Besides this, the church features extraordinary Gothic architecture which is hard to find anywhere else. This fabulous property is also surrounded by the picturesque surroundings that insist tourists to spend some more time in the vicinity. It is recommended to visit this Church during evening to enjoy some spectacular decoration.
- Palolem Beach: If you are searching for a very silent place in Goa then visit Palolem beach. It is one of the less crowded beaches where you can spend some peaceful time of your life. Here you can also enjoy Kayaking at very affordable rates. On the beachside, you can also enjoy some mouth watering local cuisine while enjoying the evening sunset.
- Anjua Market: First,If you are a shopaholic person then Goa offers you lot of exposure to get a memorable shopping experience. Second, the flea market at Anjuna is a place where you can purchase jewelry, beach clothes, trinkets, artifacts, paintings and much more. It is buzzing market on Wednesday where you can bargain with sellers and purchase quality stuff at affordable price.
Apart from the key highlights mentioned above Goa has got a lot to offer you. Don’t forget to add some more places to your voyage. Here are few places which are equally important – Mapusa Market, Club Cabana, Aguada beach, Bom Jesus Basilica, Chorao Island, Vegator beach, Chapora fort, MV caravela, Bicholim, Butterfly beach, Archives Museum, Terekhol Fort, Divar Island, Cotigao Wildlife Sanctuary, Tito’s Club, Salim Ali Bird Sanctuary and the list is limitless.