Best Places to See in Manali
Situated on the banks of Beas River, Manali is rated as a famous honeymoon and backpacking destination in Himachal Pradesh. This fabulous tourist attraction not only welcomes you in its serene surroundings but it also gives you sufficient exposure to enjoy water sports activities. Whether you love a peaceful atmosphere or extreme adventure, Manali is a place to be. Go through following list of best places to see in Manali to make your tour memorable:
Key Highlights of Manali
- Rohtang Pass: Situated only 50km away from main town, it connects Manali to some of the most heavenly landscapes like Spiti. A trip to Manali will only complete if you visit Rohtang Pass. It takes you to height of around 4000 meters from where you can get few outstanding views. Most of the famous bollywood movies have used the unique panorama of this destination in their key shots.
- Chandratal Baralacha: If you love trekking then this is a place to be. It is blessed with all important elements which are necessary to give tourists a thrilling experience. Futher, this fantastic destination is located on another highly famous Leh-Manali Highway. For extreme adventure lovers, this trek is real treat as it takes them to the altitude of around 5000 meter from sea level.
- Manali Nature Park: This destination offers you a true experience of paradise when you take a stroll through towering cedar trees. The entire tree forest offers you nice shield from the hectic outside world. Nature lovers shouldn’t miss a visit to this mystical park in Manali.
- Kullu: It is referred as a sister of Manali town which offers you picturesque landscapes which you haven’t seen before. Moreover, Kullu is also home to shrine places and sacred temples that attract pilgrims in thousands of number every year. This place is simply blessed with exceptional climate, lush backdrop and river streams which are an absolute treat to watch.
- Manali Sancturay: It is one of the rare sites in Manali which is home to the bird of Himachal Pradesh called Mona. You get an opportunity to see some very rare animal species here including Musk Dear, Brown Bear, Snow Leopard and many more. Besides this, you can see lots of mammals, birds and reptiles while walking through this adventurous place.
- Jogini Waterfall: It is only 4km away from the Manali town and you need to overcome several trekking challenges to reach at this heavenly place. The view of water falling from a height of more than 150 feet through pine trees is truly an exciting thing to watch. For couples, this romantic place has got more than what they expect from a honeymoon destination. Moreover, there are several reasons that make Jogini Waterfall more than simply a picnic spot.
Finally, if you have covered all the places mentioned above then you should explore some more unique destinations in Manali. These places mainly include – Solang Valley, Beas Kund, Hadimba Temple, Vashisht Baths, Hampta Pass, Manikaran, Nehru Kund, Naggar, Gayatri Temple, Bhunter, Jana Waterfall, Gulaba, Arjun Gufa, Jagatsukh, Kothi, Keylong and the list goes on.