Best Places to See in Jaipur
Known as a pink city, Jaipur features wide range of tourist attractions including lakes, palaces, hotels, historical forts and much more. When you visit this marvelous city, you will come to know the unique architecture and typical lifestyle of Rajput culture. Here we have listed some of the very famous places to see in Jaipur that you shouldn’t miss:
Key Highlights of Jaipur
- City Palace: It is recognized for its perfect blend of Mughal architecture and elite Rajasthani culture. The palace features artistically designed gates of peacock that will offer you grand welcome. Besides this, The City Palace features several museums, gardens, courtyards, art galleries and paintings that attract visitors from all corners of the world.
- Hawa Mahal: If you came to Jaipur but didn’t visit Hawa Mahal then you missed a lot in your tour to India. It is considered as a signature property of Jaipur which was built in year 1799. Furthemore, the overall structure of Hawa Mahal is quite similar to crown. It has got a shape of pyramid and made from pink as well as red sandstones. Moreover, it also features museum that possesses several unique paintings and rich relics of old times.
- Jaigarh Fort: Having one of the world’s largest cannon is a key highlight of Jaigarh Fort. When in used, the cannon could fire up to the range of 40km and it could make a substantial damage to the fired object. The fort offers some of the breathtaking views of city that you can consider capturing in your camera.
- Albert Hall Museum: Nestled in Ram Niwas Garden of city, it is referred as an oldest museum in the state of Rajasthan. The museum offers fantastic collection of artifacts and antiques which is an ultimate temptation for foreign visitors. Moreover, the museum features marble art, carpets, pottery, coins and Egyptian mummy. The entire property of museum offers scintillating views from both inside and outside.
- Bapu Bazzar: A visit to Jaipur is incomplete if you haven’t done shopping in Bapu Bazzar. It is one of the most popular markets in the city which is crowded with local and foreign tourists. You can consider purchasing traditional handicrafts, textiles, stones and objects made from brass work. If you want to carry a souvenir then consider buying some typical Rajasthani products such as sarees, dupattas, scarves, bangles, shervani, jutas and much more here.
- Central Park: If you are done seeing historical palaces, museums, art galleries in Rajasthan then spend some time at Central Park. It is well known as a biggest park in state and become prime picnic spot for people of all ages. The park offers lush green garden where you can enjoy a day out with your loved ones. Besides this, it also offers a perfect meeting point for people who want to participate in activities such as Yoga, meditation, laughter sessions, workout etc.
Besides all the places discussed above, Jaipur has got never ending destinations in its kitty. Some more places you can cover include Amer Fort, Nahargarh Fort, Jantar Mantar, Abhaneri Stepwell, Galtaji Temple, Jal Mahal, Birla Temple, Raj Mandir Cinema, World Trade Park, Akshardham Temple, Sisodia Rani Garden, Jawahar Circle, Samode Palace, Rajmahal Palace, Shahpura Haveli and much more. Finally, it is going to take lot of efforts and time from your side to cover all highlights of this tempting city.