Best Places to See in Kerala
Kerala is rightly referred as God’s own country. Whether it is hillside tea gardens or scintillating seashores, the breathtaking views of Kerala attracts all types of tourists. Moreover, Kerala is home to aromatic spices, pristine rivers, rich wildlife, unique backwaters and serene beaches. It also has a history of ayurvedic science and extraordinary dance forms. If you are planning to visit Kerala in near future then here are best places to see in this amazing destination:
Key Highlights of Kerala
- Munnar: It is always rated as one of the greatest destinations for honeymoon in India. Here you can spot low flying clouds, extensive tea plantation, mystical valleys and large province covered with local plantation. This place has its own charm and it is highly recommended to visit it during monsoons.
- Kovalam: On the virtue of its exciting ambience and magnificent beaches, this place is also referred as ‘beach town’. It is surrounded by three different beaches – Samudra, Hawah and Lighthouse. You can also try water sports here including ride on wooden boats, surfing and motorbike.
- Periyar Wildlife sanctuary: Located in Thekkady, this unique sanctuary features several rare animal species such as guars, sambas, bisons, boars, deers, wild elephants and lion tailed macaques. You can prefer to cover all the highlights of this wildlife sanctuary by taking a ride on elephant.
- Kochi: Being vital part of Ernakulam, Kochi is a perfect combination of classic culture and modern civilization. Most of the tourists prefer to start their tour in Kerala from this great place Kochi. This place has got a history of Chinese, Arabs, British, Portugese and Dutch people. It is also one of the growing city in Kerala where several IT hubs are located.
- Wayanad: If you love lush landscapes and always wish to follow the green trails then Wayanad is a place to be. This destination is extremely popular for its waterfalls, hills, temples, dams, river and flourishing backyard. If you are real adventure lover then you should visit this place in the period of June to August.
- Bekal: If you want to see heaven on this earth then come to Bekal. It is mainly recognized for its Bekal Fort where shooting of super-hit movies such as ‘Rang De Basanti’ took place. The pleasing atmosphere, sea breeze and local cuisine are some of the key highlights why this place is crowded with lot of local as well as foreign tourists.
- Varkala: Featuring lot of Hindu temples, this sacred destination is always filled with Hindu pilgrims. Next, it is a seaside place where you can enjoy surfing, boat riding, parasailing, horse riding, jeting and much more. Besides this, the peerless beauty of this famous beach can be witnessed at the time of sunset. With so much to offer, Varkala welcomes tourists of all ages and interests.
Whether you want to enjoy your summer vacation or plan a honeymoon gateway, Kerala gives you grand welcome. Besides, you can also add some more places to your tour list. Here are some key jewels you can explore likewise – Munroe island, Kannur, Kizhunna Beach, Idukki, Kavvayi Backwaters, Poovar, Guruvayur, Varkala, Vagamon, Thrissur, Nelliampathy and much more.