Best Places to Visit in Uruguay
Uruguay has always impressed tourists with its diverse offerings and it has everything that you expect from an ideal holiday destination. Here you can discover everything from cultural sophistication and outdoor adventure to extraordinary wildlife and breathtaking scenery. There are also several reasons why Uruguay is referred as Switzerland of South America. Go through following highlights to know what separates this amazing country from rest of the world:
- La Paloma: Nestled on the breathtaking shores of Atlantic Ocean, it is one of the well known summer beach destination where tourists gather to enjoy perfect blend of sea, sand and sun. It is one of the adventurous locations where you can participate in several water sports activities such as surfing, sailing and windsurfing. La Paloma is also considered as an ideal destination for people who want to relax in the lap of nature.
- Colonia Del Sacramento: Here you will get an opportunity to discover culture of old centuries where you can find perfect mix of sophistication and classic life. While been at Colonia Del Sacramento, you can explore fancy boutiques, post colonial ruins, cobbled streets and several famous food restaurants. If you want to taste some mouth watering cuisine made from local delicacies then you can take halt here for some short time.
- Durazno: If you want to dig into the remarkable history of Uruguay then there is no place better than Durazno. Here you can taste art tradition and witness number of shows that feature archeology, Gaucho art and ancient history of country. If you are done exploring archeological sites of Durazno, its time you should discover uniqueness of Durazno Zoo.
- Laguna Garzon: If you want to explore some of the amazing flora and fauna of South America then Laguna Garzon is a place to be. It is a destination packed with wildlife and rare species of birds which is a fantastic sightseeing to watch. You can cover entire water stretch through a circle-shaped bridge which is recognized for its unique architecture. It is an ideal destination to stay for an entire night and relax in the vicinity of nature.
- Montevideo: It boasts about its ancient history and diverse offerings that include several unique landmarks and buzzing streets. More than fifty percent of Uruguay’s population lives here that makes it one of the busiest cities in the world. It also gives you an opportunity to discover some of the old mansions and churches that date back to the 18th century.
- Salto: It is recognized as one of the largest cities of Uruguay where tourists can find ultimate adventure. In the vicinity, you can also come across riverfront town that will offer you sufficient opportunity to relax and revitalize yourself. While been here, you can consider visiting hydroelectric dam and some more local attractions that will keep you busy throughout a day.
Uruguay is one of the highly underrated travel destinations that hasn’t receive the kind of attention it deserves. This is what makes it one of the less crowded and pristine travel destinations. It is heaven for people who come in search of mental as well as physical peace while living very close to nature.