Best Places to Visit in Iceland
Iceland is recognized as a land of rugged canyons, fishing towns, active volcanoes and much more. If you want to experience the most magical travel destination in the world then your search ends here. From majestic mountains to amazing glaciers and green landscapes to exotic beaches, Iceland is packed with everything that you can expect from an ideal travel destination. Go through following list if you are on a mission to explore some of the best attractions of Iceland:
Key Highlights of Iceland
- Keflavík: It is considered as a main starting point of the Iceland for tourists as the country features only international airport here. Watching northern lights is considered as one of the key attractions in Keflavík. The town offers plenty for travelers to rejuvenate and relax in the lap of nature. Moreover, you can come across several historic museums in the vicinity that will offer you an opportunity to dig into the history of Iceland.
- Selfoss: Nestled on the River Olfusa, it is considered as a home to some of the most exciting waterfalls of the country. Here you can spot several tourist destinations that you only see on the postcards. The town offers several natural attractions such as lakes, parks and waterfalls that persuade travelers to extend their stay here.
- Skaftafell: If you want to experience some of the unique wildlife of Iceland then Skaftafell is a place to be. Adventure lovers can enjoy doing trekking and hiking here while doing some natural photography. If you love spending time at waterfalls, valleys and parks then this is a place to be.
- Arnarstapi: It is one of the most attractive fishing towns in Iceland which is considered as an offbeat destination in entire country. While been here, you can explore several historical monuments and ancient statues. If you are food lover then there is a plenty to try out in the famous restaurants in the locality.
- Jökulsárlón: Your tour to Iceland will only complete when you visit Jökulsárlón. Here you can enjoy amazing boat tour that will take you through dense glaciers of Iceland. On the virtue of its thrilling offerings, this destination is considered as a most visited place in the country. Besides all this, you can also try horse riding and a tour on snowmobile here to add an adventure to your tour.
- Reykjavik: It will offer you lot of opportunity to dig into the history of Iceland while taking a city tour. Here you can spot National Museum of Iceland and several historical monuments where tourists gather in huge number. If you want to experience the buzzing life of Iceland then you can visit several restaurants, bars and pubs in locality to enjoy the nightlife.
Iceland is more than just a holiday destination for tourists as they get an opportunity to take some unforgettable memories from this country to their home. Any individual who visit this spectacular European nation for the single time love to visit it again and again.