Best Places to Visit in Greece
Greece is a country that doesn’t require any formal introduction to elaborate its real beauty. It is a magnificent tourist destination that offers limitless options of sightseeing. From ancient ruins to misty mountains and sandy beaches to crystal clear waters, it can satisfy needs of all the travelers. If you are looking for best places to visit in Greece then here is a list that will make your job very easy:
Key Highlights of Greece
- Corfu: Situated off the northwest region of Greece, here you can spot awesome beaches and rugged mountains. Apart from sandy beaches, you will also come across ancient town and villages where you will get to know about traditional culture of Corfu. If you are searching for tranquility in Greece then don’t forget to visit this awesome location.
- Rhodes: It is listed in most visited spot of Turkey and caters to interest of backpackers. It is an ideal mix of archaic history, pristine beaches and ancient towns. This is also a place where you can enjoy some of the water sports activities such as swimming. Rhodes not only lets you to enjoy beautiful scenery but it also allows you to experience nightlife of Greece.
- Mykonos Town: Here you can spot perfect whitewashed structures along with towering domes that idolize the typical architecture of Greek. Windmill is also considered as a centre of attraction of this beautiful city. Restaurants serving mouth watering food is considered as a key highlight of Mykonos Town and also considered as an important crowd puller.
- Crete: A visit to Greece will only be completed after visiting Crete which is considered as a land of rolling mountains, elongated coastline, rocky terrain, lush greenery and much more. Moreover, you can also spot some world heritage monuments and archaeological sites in the vicinity. It is extremely hard to overlook the beauty of Create and this is the reason why this place is crowded with thousands of tourists every year.
- Sifnos: This is a unique place where you will require your flip flops as well as hiking boots to explore natural gems of this island. Surprisingly, this place offers more than 100kms of terrain to explore. You can stroll through the farmhouses, temples, chapels and small villages to keep yourself occupied throughout a day. If you ever get a chance, don’t forget to participate in special festival organized during September month.
- Athens: After the Olympics of year 2004, the people of Greece started recognizing bright side of Athens. It is a place well known for flawless streets, modern subways, incredible freeways and highly cordial people. Besides, it is a destination that brags about several historical monuments along with modern architecture.
The Greek gods have carved their country with amazing perfection which can be seen from the unique jewels you come across this destination. You will find large of number awe-inspiring places in Greece to make your journey memorable. Millions of tourists have experienced the beauty of Greece every year and they have expressed it as a peerless tourist destination.