Best Places to Visit in Kuwait
Kuwait is one of the highly overlooked travel destinations in Arab. You will come to know the real value of this country only when you come here and explore its diverse travel gems. If you are traveling to Kuwait from nearby countries then you may have heard about locations to see here. But if you haven’t visited any of the Arabian countries before then you definitely need to refer Kuwait travel guide. Here we have listed all the tourist attractions of Kuwait that will help you to make your tour memorable. Check out this Kuwait travel guide to explore top things to do and best places to visit in Kuwait:
- Hawalli: Also spelled ‘Hawally,’ Hawalli was also one of the six Kuwaiti provinces and a previous house of countless Palestinians. Today, a pot which melts civilizations, Iraqis, Syrians, Egyptians, Pakistanis, Lebanese & Indians are occupied. This vast section of the city is geographically situated in the eastern section of the country. This geographical position also leads to this magnificent Governorate. You should be fairly aware that it is located on the inlet of the Persian Gulf, and little surprise it is on our tourist list in Kuwait.
- Kubbar Island: This island is also spelled ‘Kobar.’ It is situated in the Persian Gulf around 30 kilometers from the southern edge of Kuwait. The small island is bordered by crystal clear water and provides sandy beaches for hip parties known as the Ibiza de Kuwait by vacationers. During a vacation to the gulf, it is only logical to include it in your list of top 10 places to visit in Kuwait. This small island awaits you with its huge BBQs!
- Salwa: Since Salwa is one of the Middle East’s most important cities, it is on our list of visiting locations in Kuwait. The area is sandwiched strategically between Messila and Rumaithiya. It is part of the Governorate of Hawalli although it is worth mentioning independently. It also has the British, Egyptians, Asians, and Kuwaitis as a cosmopolitan hub, of course! It gives the tourist with many shopping centers wonderful shopping choices.
- Grand Mosque: This mosque is known by the locals as al-Masjid al-Kabir, located in the center of the city. The Grand Mosque is recognized for its traditional Islamic design, Kuwait’s biggest mosque. The mosque has a population of around 10,000 and is not as spectacular from the outside as it is from the inside! Persian design components are marked by a central dome, pointed arches, and pillar arches. The blue and gold mix, Andulassian-style tiles, and decorative calligraphy will fascinate you as you enter. Asma al-Hosna, the 99 names of God, described by the Quran, is inscribed in the dome of the mosque.
- Al Shaheed Park: Another of Kuwait’s places worth seeing is this urban park which consists of numerous green zones, a lake, trails, cafés, and even gift shops, and two museums! It is the largest urban park in the country in Kuwait. Opening at midnight early in the morning for joggers, various features are depicting the cutting-edge design. Five works that won the ‘Outdoor Sculpture Competition,’ that took place in 2013, will also be showcased.
- Al Ahmadi: Al Ahmadi was formed first in 1946 and is one of Kuwait’s finest cities in the south. The city was born from the oil field. Some parks may be found here together with the prestigious display center Kuwait Oil Company. Sheik Ahmad Al Jaber Al Sabah has been named the city. The town would find travelers here blanketed by sand as it serves as the Kuwait Oil Company’s exclusive preserve.
- Kuwait Zoo: Kuwait Zoo is one of the best places to see in Kuwait, enabling children to have the finest time with their parents. This is a place that ensures everything with over 1606 animals, including dangerous kinds. There are also several unique birds in the Zoo of Kuwait which have 5 separate units and 12 different species in each group. Surprisingly, as the authorities say, the park’s objective is the education and treatment of children concerning the diverse animals. Just visit the zoo and enjoy the day in a secure setting seeing unique creatures. If you are searching for some of the fun things to do in Kuwait with kids then you must visit this zoo.
- Aqua Park: Located on Arab Gulf Street, the Aqua Park has a total area of over 60,000 square meters, making it one of the top tourist attractions in Kuwait, Middle East and the Gulf’s first water park. The Park is located just off Kuwait Towers and is the ideal destination to spend a great day with your family in Kuwait. This is an excellent destination to spend your holidays in Kuwait, with top-of-the-line water sports, diving, volleyball, swimming for adults, and more. Interestingly, the park has different mosques for men and women, while the best in the neighboring eateries may be enjoyed.
- American Cultural Centre: The American Cultural Centre, a fantastic place for the art and craft in the city, is one of Kuwait’s top things to do. The location is portrayed by art and crafts from civilizations such as the Middle East, Asia, and the far East and is a good site for the history of Kuwait. As indigenous people and tourists in Kuwait describe it, visiting Kuwait is practically completed without seeing the American Cultural Centre. Indeed, the way art and craft are shown demonstrates how much focus the tourists have put on an instructive tour.
- Seif Palace: The Seif Palace is one of the popular places to visit in Kuwait located beside the magnificent Grand Mosque and provides tourists with some wonderful attractions. This is the site that is excellent for reviving the historical past of Kuwait made of clay, pebbles, Celestone, and other similar elements. The watchtower is the major centerpiece of the building. The watchtower is interestingly the most beautiful design of all. The tower roof is clad in pure gold while the entire tower is surrounded by blue tiles. Indeed, the palace is one of Kuwait’s most intriguing monuments. This same palace has been the Kuwait Government’s initial seat ever since.
- Tareq Rajab Museum: The museum is packed with artifacts of Tareq Sayyed Rajab, first minister of Kuwait, and JehanWellborne, his British wife. Immersed in history, the museum in the basement of a home in Jabriya is readily transported back to antiquity. Kuwait is one of the great sites of Islamic arts, ceramics, silver and gold jewelry, metal and glasswork, costumes, pottery, pearls, handwritten and musical instruments. The unusual collection comes from many corners of the world including Iran, Afghanistan, India, Tibet, Bhutan, and Ethiopia. Two hours can be spent frightening.
- Kuwait House of National Works: In Kuwait, few sites match the significance of national works in the Kuwait House. This memorial museum is one of the historical places to visit in Kuwait since the first Gulf War in 1990-91. It’s an homage to the courageously martyred residents, troops, and allied soldiers during the conflict. There are several exhibitions at the museum which consist of a series of handcrafted city models. The models have both Arabic and English recordings. The museum contains an invasion tunnel to come to other sites that depict the narrative of the invasion by Saddam.
- Kuwait Tower: There are several reasons why you will find this destination at the top of every Kuwait travel guide. It is a symbol of the political and economic development of Kuwait which was built after the independence of the country. The tower is a perfect blend of modern architecture and classic Islamic design thereby making a real masterpiece in today’s time. The main tower features several restaurants and cafes while other towers possess all the necessary equipment required to supply the main tower.
- AL Kout Beach: The weather in Arab countries is extremely humid and if you are traveling to Kuwait from a foreign country then you will definitely feel it. Don’t worry, as the beaches of Kuwait will give you big relief from the scorching heat of the country. Here you can enjoy several water sports activities or simply relax at the beachside to enjoy sunbathing. In the vicinity, you will spot several restaurants where you can try some delicious cuisine made from local ingredients.
- National Museum: If you want to dig into the history of Kuwait then a visit to National Museum is recommended by every Kuwait travel guide. In the museum, you can spot three different sections including Planetarium, Heritage and Archeology. Each of the sections provides you different offerings and extraordinary masterpieces which are hard to find anywhere else. The grand compilation from Failika Island is considered as a key highlight here which is worth exploring. Your tour to Kuwait will be incomplete without visiting the National Museum and digging into its all offerings.
- House of Mirrors: Whether you are traveling to Kuwait from abroad or you are a local traveler, you will love visiting this destination again and again. It is private property and you need to take an advance appointment in order to visit this mesmerizing destination. The outside part of this property features several mirrors and amazing artwork which is attached to exterior walls. When you get inside, you will get stunned by its dazzling decoration and scintillating interior.
- The Liberation Tower: The tower signifies the liberation of Kuwait and it perfectly demonstrates Kuwait’s resurgence. It is recognized as the second tallest tower in the country and 5th tallest tower in the world which is used for telecommunication purposes. The entire structure of the tower is made from ceramic tiles which enhance its beauty to a significant extent. The Liberation Tower features an observatory platform from where you can enjoy spectacular views of the city. The revolving restaurant is also considered as a key highlight here that offers tourists an opportunity to try some unique cuisine.
What’s next waiting for you?
Now you get to know all the important tourist attractions and best places to visit in Kuwait, you can plan a trip to Kuwait during your upcoming vacation. If you are traveling to Kuwait for business or education purposes then you can consider visiting few main locations in the vicinity. The more time you spend in this country, the chances that you will fall in love with its beauty. Now you know where to go and what to do in Kuwait, go ahead and pack your bags. If you are planning to visit popular places to visit near Kuwait along with few more Arabian countries then check out our other travel guides to get detailed information.