Best Places to Visit in Belgium
Belgium is recognized as one of the fascinating countries in Europe and there are reasons for it. Though it looks quite small, this buzzing nation is packed with everything from modern architecture, churches, museums, mansions, vintage castles, amusement parks to shopping arcades. It is home for some of the scintillating destinations for tourists and you will definitely stunned by the number of choices available. Here we have made your job easy by offering you a perfect list of places that you can visit during your tour Belgium:
- Dinant: Nestled at the Meuse River, Dinant is well recognized tourist destination in Belgium. Here you will come across several historical sites such as Grotto of Dinant and caves of Han. It is well known for the opulent wildlife reserves that boast about biodiversity you will hardly find anywhere. It is situated only 40 miles away from Brussels and you can cover several famous churches on the way.
- Eifel Nature Park: It is considered as a dream destination for nature lovers. It is home for some of the unique species of flora and fauna. Here you can spot starling sized dipper and butterfly in weird colors. Moreover, you can explore some hidden gems such as mountain slides and deep valleys in the vicinity.
- Hoge Kempen National Park: It is one of the well-reputed national parks in the country that is recognized for its large territory of more than 5,000 acres. The park features pine woods, big lakes and several flowering landscapes which is an absolute treat to watch. Besides this, you can discover several rare animal species here ranging from swallowtail butterfly, slippery snake and roe deer.
- La Roche-en-Ardenne: Situated only few kilometers away from River Ourthe, this destination is packed with plenty of sightseeing. During your tour, make sure you visit local museums and Pottery gallery to discover more about the history and regional culture. Moreover, La Roche-en-Ardenne is famous for amazing wildlife that features wolves, wild sheep, pheasants, wild boar and red deer.
- Mechelen: It is another extraordinary sightseeing location you will come across in Mechelen. It is very famous for its brewery and boat tours. While been here, you can enjoy some of the tempting views from Antwerp port that you can capture in your camera. Don’t forget to visit a very popular Carillion School which is known for teaching lessons on bells.
- De Haan: It will be unfair if you don’t add De Haan to your itinerary during your tour to Belgium. It is one of the most exciting villages that boast about elongated beach featuring several bars, cafés and restaurants. The spectacular grand town hall and Belle Epoque architecture are the sites that you shouldn’t miss during your tour. Adventure lovers will experience several thrilling moments here while trying biking and hiking.
When planning your visit to Belgium make sure you choose places according to the time in hand so as to make your tour well organized. If you are real nature lover then you can spend more time at parks but if city life excites you then you can keep dedicated time for the city tour.