Best Places to Visit in Switzerland
Switzerland is undoubtedly the most dazzling country in Europe and there is something incredible about the people of Switzerland that you will find unique. Whether it is natural scenery or adventurous destinations, there is hardly any other place in the world that can beat Switzerland tourism. Tourists visit this place to experience picturesque landscapes but they always end up exploring something extra. It makes you feel like being in multiple countries while in one place. Go through following travel guide to know the best places to visit in Switzerland:
Top Tourist Attractions of Switzerland
- St. Moritz
- Swiss National Park
- Chateau de Chillon
- Lake Geneva
- Sky Dining
- The Rhine Falls
- Albula/Bernina line
- Swiss Grand Canyon
Why you must-visit these travel destinations?
- Lucerne: Do you want to visit a versatile travel destination that can give you a glimpse of the entire country at one spot then Lucerne is an ideal place. Here you will find everything from historic buildings, sparkling fountains, old bridges and lush gardens. Moreover, you can spot the Swiss Transport Museum, Lion Monument and Chapel Bridge in the vicinity. No wonder it is listed as the most sought after places to visit in every Switzerland travel blog.
- St. Moritz: There are several reasons that make St. Moritz a preferred mountain destination in the entire country. Here you can experience alpine forests, jagged peaks, glaciers, and pristine lakes. If you are traveling to Switzerland during the summer season then you will get an opportunity to enjoy biking, hiking, and several other watersports activities at a quite affordable price. No wonder, St.Moritz is listed in one of the top tourist attractions in Switzerland.
- Zurich: It is one of the largest transportation hubs and considered a key Switzerland vacation point from where tourists can start their journey. Considered as banking capital, it also brags about several cultural gems to explore. If you have cravings for shopping then you can explore several famous galleries, shops, malls, stores, boutiques and cafes in the locality. Whether you are planning Switzerland tour on your own or you are opting for tailor-made Switzerland travel packages, make sure you have Zurich added in your itinerary.
- Swiss National Park: This highly popular tourist attraction in Switzerland attracts nature lovers from all the corners of the world. It was established in the year 1914 and features several unique wildlife species such as fox, ibex, chamois, red deer and marmot. It is spread over a massive area of 170 sq.km that feature limestone crags, shrubs, and pine-forests. Without any doubt, the park is listed in every Switzerland holiday package.
- Chateau de Chillon: If you are traveling in Switzerland in search of a destination that will give a boost to your imagination and thoughts then come at Chateau de Chillon. Till today, it has inspired several famous writers and artists to get the best out of their creativity. Besides, here you can spot some other amazing Switzerland places to visit including the Chapel, Great Halls, Camera Domini and much more.
- Bern: If you want to explore the history of Switzerland then come to the charming city Bern that features several UNESCO heritage sites. Here you can spot several old century fountains and Rose Garden that offer panoramic views you may have not seen before. If you are an art lover then you will appreciate Zentrum Paul Klee where you can spot the creative collection of popular artists. Add Bern to your upcoming Switzerland trip and you will never feel disappointed.
- Interlaken: If you are planning to visit Switzerland during the summer season then you shouldn’t miss this destination at all. It is spread over a gigantic open space of 35 acres and considered as one of the recommended destinations in every Switzerland travel guide. In the vicinity, you can spot several misty mountains that offer you an extraordinary opportunity to enjoy adventurous activities such as climbing, hiking and much more.
- Lake Geneva: If you may have read this one of the best Switzerland visiting places in several travel blogs and there are reasons for it. This is one of the largest Alpine Lake in entire Europe which is surrounded by several gardens, parks and promenades. In the vicinity, you can also spot several historical buildings and landmarks thereby making Lake Geneva a must-visit destination in every Switzerland travel packages.
- Sky Dining: Whether you are traveling to Switzerland with your spouse or enjoying a vacation with your friends, Sky dining is one of the top things to do in Switzerland you shouldn’t miss during your tour. You can enjoy spectacular views of the city while having your favorite cuisine on one of the finest rooftops in the city. It is definitely a memorable experience when you feel breezy winds while having a sip of drink at the most luxurious bars of the city.
- The Rhine Falls: If you want to visit one of the biggest waterfalls of entire Central Europe then come to the Rhine Falls. Most of the Switzerland travel guides recommended visiting this incredible destination in the months of June and July to enjoy the best views. It is a time when the snow melts and you can see water falling from a height of 21 meters. If you are opting for premium Switzerland travel packages then you can also enjoy boat trips that will offer you scenic views of both sides of the river.
- Albula/Bernina line: It is one of the rarest railway lines in the world which is also listed in UNESCO heritage sites. The route will take you through more than 200 different bridges and mesmerizing landscapes which is hard to view from road or air travel. The train runs all around the year and you can enjoy the extraordinary experience during summer as well as winter season. Switzerland tourism encourages tourists to visit this incredible destination without fail.
- Swiss Grand Canyon: It is also recognized as The Ruinaulta which is surrounded by several forest cliffs and meadows. If you have an opted for Switzerland travel packages that include adventure tours then this destination will on the top of the list. It offers several opportunities for adventure lovers to taste their physical and mental stamina. Nature lovers can also enjoy bird watching experience here in the vicinity of steep cliffs and lush landscape.
What’s next waiting for you?
Switzerland is a destination that you can consider visiting during any month of the year. However, it is highly recommended to visit this country during the summer season to make the most out of your itinerary. The best places to visit in Switzerland mentioned above are more than enough to make your tour memorable. Travelers who come here take some great memories with them and recommend other people to visit this magnificent country at least once in a lifetime. Be a part of the same team by opting for all-inclusive Switzerland travel packages and visit such a great creation of nature on this earth while having lots of fun. If you are planning to visit few more popular countries in Europe then go through other travel guides.