Top Things To Do in Italy
A wanderer’s appetite is never full. A passionate traveler keeps hopping from continents to continents and nations to nations. There is a bucket full of destinations in this globe to unpack your bag for full fun but one place which is liked by even those who are not much of a travel enthusiast is Italy. From tourist attractions to top things to do in Italy, the country has all the potential to keep travelers busy throughout their tour.
This pizza land has to offer much more than olives and jalapenos. The beautiful cities of Pisa, Rome, Florence, Venice, etc. consume a plethora of fun and entertainment complemented with historical showcases. This Roman Empire brims of royalty and calmness flushing you with delight. From the best things to do in Florence Italy and unique things to do in Naples Italy to fun things to do in Rome Italy and cool things to do in Venice Italy, the country covers everything.
Italy consists of all the aspects of a wonderful vacation and is embedded with all fun activities. Here is a complete checklist of top things to do in Italy that will help you to make your tour truly epic:
1. Discover the Famous Cities of Italy
Italy is made so fascinating by its ornate and splashy cities. Almost all the cities in Italy are worth a stay. Some of them are:
- Rome: The capital city of Rome is the largest in Italy. Proportionate to its size is the scope of awesome time in this city. Decked with world-famous attractions and scenic visuals, this city is a perfect destination to soak up the essence of Italy.
- Florence: Florence is a city for artists. Crowded with museums, palaces, and Cathedrals, this exotic city claims to be home to the most famous arts of the world. Apart from the artistic venture, it also serves with picturesque landscapes to treat your eyes.
- Milan: Being the wealthiest city of Europe, Milan comes to your way as a lively and charismatic stop. The hustle-bustle and style of the city make it an energy capital of Italy. The city also boasts of rich heritage and intense architecture welcoming its visitors. Italy holiday packages from Dubaikeeps a nice stay in here an enjoy the best things to do in Milan Italy.
- Venice: If any city can be the closest to grace and elegance, it is certainly the mystic land on water, Venice. Words cannot describe the dazzle of this Italian city. It is stuffed with churches, museums, canals and most magnificent bridges of the world. All these are listed as some of the top things to do in Venice Italy to make your tour memorable.
2. Fall in love with popular Tourist Attractions of Italy
Sightseeing and attractions form the major part of a tour and to make a junket worth remembering, the attractions you see must be marvelous. All Italy holiday packages from Dubaipay full attention in this zone. Major attractions of Italy which can add a plethora of memories to your journey are:
- The Leaning Tower of Pisa: If there is something which can be more signifying to Italy than Rome then that is one of the Seven Wonders of the World, the Leaning Tower of Pisa. This architectural contingency tempts a huge number of visitors in spite of swinging between safe and not certification. If you are allowed to travel up the tower then you can experience the seraphic view of Pisa from up there.
- Cathedral of Santa Maria Del Fiore: Residing in the heart of the orange roof city, Florence, this Cathedral is primly selected by visitors for sightseeing. The glorious architecture and proudly stunning dome render your eyes wide open. The most appealing feature of the cathedral is the bird’s eye view from its top.
- Trevi Fountain: Once you visit Rome then certainly you would wish to come back to the city. To make this happen and also take back luck with you, drop a coin in the Trevi Fountain. It is a common faith among all Roman people. In fact, if you don’t believe in luck and all then the spectacular outlook of the fountain is also enough to invite you. No wonder it is listed as one of the top things to do in Rome Italy.
- The Acropolis: This fascinating gathering of five temples aging from time too ago is also an amazing attraction of Italy. The former political silhouette of Romans, this site offers a deep insight into the beliefs and alignments of people from that era.
- The Coliseum: The Grand Coliseum is a world-famous attraction and visiting Rome mandates its visit. It is the most celebrated chronicle of our time and boasts of archaeological relics of a former colossal amphitheater.
- Cinque Terre: A group of five villages, Cinque Terre is a UNESCO World Heritage Site and given to the charm, subtlety and divine aura of the land a visit is a must. Along with the territory, you would enjoy the tradition and beauty of Italy while relishing on some authentic dishes.
- Saint Mark’s Basilica: To gather your inner peace and channel your vibrations towards Supreme Power, St. Mark’s Basilica is an appropriate terminal. The Church is also an exemplary piece of art boasting about marvelous marble artistry and mystical mosaics.
- Milan Cathedral: The largest church in Italy is not famous just out of the air but has strong reasons. This huge silhouette took six centuries to be completed. Its intricate architecture and beautiful marvel creations make it stand out. And once you climb the roof you will be left dumbfound on witnessing the serenity of Milan from the terrace of the Cathedral. A visit to historical tourist attractions is one of the top things to do in Milan Italy that you shouldn’t skip at all.
3. Celebrate the Historical Buff in you:
For those who travel for the sake of their historic nerve, Italy things to do have a lot to offer. The nation makes a deep insight into the days of the Roman Empire and chronicled eras. Main destinations with historical significance in Italy are:
- Pompeii: This place is most cryptic among all the historical destinations of Italy. Eclipsed by ash after a volcanic eruption, this arena is a perfect example of frozen time. Ancient buildings, ruins of monuments and relics of people living in that area fills you with deep alchemistic essence.
- The Roman Forum: Bracketed by Capitoline and Palatine hills in Rome, this one is one of the main attractions in Rome. This complex reflects the grandeur of a robust Roman Empire and offers beautiful views of the city from its terrace.
- Valley of the Temples: On entering this complex you would go in a nostalgic mode as the place is stuffed with archaeological remains. A beautiful attraction of Sicily, this place has a lot to pass away to historical dissertations and the visuals of the city from up there are also mesmerizing.
4. Thrill and Excitement at its Extreme:
Italy also offers a good deal of resort to the adventurous species in you. Want to know more? Here are the ideas:
- Boat ride along Amalfi coast: If you want to treat your eyes with visual drugs then this place can be considered. This heavenly Amalfi coastline is a splendid trail which can be absorbed chromatically while enjoying a boat ride. You can easily rent about and along with stupefying portraits, you can also enjoy on boat delicious delicacies. The complementary view of cute roman houses popping out of mountains makes your boat lining even more fun.
- Hike Stromboli: What can be termed as a better adventure than hiking! Want some more thrill? Hiking up a live volcano! It’s for sure that the mere idea of this exhilarating climb charges your adrenaline. On your expedition at Sicily, don’t miss out on this amazing trek on Stromboli as apart from the frantic journey to the top, the enthralling panorama also awaits you.
- Waterway in the Grand Canal: On visiting this place you might get an illusion of heaven as the Grand Canal is not an inch short of paradisiacal. Considered one of the most beautiful waterways in the world, this greenish-blue clear water takes you down on a blissful passage claiming charming Venetian homes, lush green landscapes, and enchanting horizons. You can saunter around the Grand Canal in either a gondola or water bus but one thing is for sure that you would remember this ride for a lifetime.
- The Frasassi Cave Expedition: Travelling through a cave is an experience that can give you major adventure goals. The Frasassi cave extending in inner Ancona is quite mystifying and offers a great deal of adventurous spirit. This 75-minute stroll leaves you to astound with jaw-dropping karst formations and heart numbing geology.
- Boating in Lake Como: If ever you saw a beautiful portrait or picture of Italyconsisting beautiful lake surrounded by lush green forests and fairyland houses then there are many chances that it is a picture of Lake Como. Given its tranquility beyond words and heavenly ambiance, this area is chosen for a dream home by the richest of celebrities. And getting to enjoy boating in this hypnotizing atmosphere is an ecstasy itself. So don’t miss out on this small boat ride in Lake Como.
Once you are done with adventure sports, you can watch out for fun things to do in Capri Italy, top things to do in Pisa Italy, best things to do in Siena Italy, and cool things to do in Turin Italy.
5. Entertain Your Inner Artist:
If you live for art then you must live for some days in Italy as the nation is the center of most beautiful arts in the world. Terminals you must span are:
- Uffizi Gallery: If you are searching for top things to do in Florence Italy then come here. Whenever the world’s best galleries will be discussed then the Uffizi art gallery would certainly bag a mention. Proudly placed over the courageous Arno River in Florence, this art gallery has everything to overwhelm an art lover. The creations of Leonardo Da Vinci, Michelangelo, Raphael, Carravagio, etc. stun its viewers with their excellence. In fact, the whole structure of the building in which this art gallery is housed is spectacular.
- The Last Supper: You will ovate this place if you are an art aficionado as what more can an art buff ask for in front of a mural painted by Leonardo Da Vinci. Describing the last supper of Jesus Christ, this Mural has a deep religious significance also.
6. Treat your taste buds:
It would be no less than insane if you visit Italy and don’t grab an exotic Italian pizza. The temple of Pizza in Italy is where you can bite on the most flavorful and luscious pizza in Naples. Though Naples has much more to add to your junket a pizza party is a must. It is one of the top things to do in Naples Italy that foodies shouldn’t miss at all.
When your tongue is concerned, how can we forget an exotic drink? Italy doesn’t compromise at this department; also, you can enjoy some of the best wines of the world on the Chianti Wine route. Decked up with authentic wineries, this route along with cherishable wine serves nice landscapes also to make your drive to wine more fruitful.
What’s next waiting for you?
So, search out for Italy holiday packages and relish some peaceful time of your life. If you are looking for top things to do in Sorrento Italy or the best things to do in Little Italy or unique things to do in Verona Italy or top things to do in Bologna Italy, the above travel guide tells you exactly what to do in Italy.
If you are looking for the best places to visit in Italy then you should check out our other travel guides on Italy to get all the information.